Friday, January 5, 2007

What is going on?

It took me a while to do it, but I am able call myself a writer. I feel that my words are important to me and others and I finally give them the credit they deserve. So the frustrating thing is: now that I am clear of that, I have been spending more time drawing. What? What is going on. My thesis is not going anywhere right now, or it seems like it isn’t. I am enjoying drawing and writing poetry to accompany the drawing but I can't see where it's leading me. It's dark in front of me and I can't explain to people what I am up to. I can't see that far ahead. I sugar coat to people about how I spend my days because it sounds insane to pay a babysitter to draw and ponder. Is it?

3 comments:

Lori Walton said...

Walking into the unknown is where creativity and growth lie. Your willingness to do so is amazing.

Insanity is a nominilzation remember... someone elses definition perhaps, and not something you need to claim for yourself.

I for one look forward to the day it all comes out together for a Best Selling Coffee Table Book!

Hugs,

Lori

Louise LeBrun said...

As much as we might think of something as the thing itself (i.e. my writing talent leads to 'I am writer') we sometimes discover that it has also been a cork in a bottle; a way of believing that we have found the one thing that we're good at and entitled to.

In an abundant Universe, there is always more!

I'm with Lori. Put me on your list to buy your first illustrated book. YOUR words....YOUR thoughts...YOUR drawings. Wow! That one gives me goosebumps!

Hugs
L

Louise LeBrun said...

PS And when the cork pops...the flow begins!

I think I was so excited with your glorious dilemma that I forget that part! :)

L