Monday, July 2, 2007

Fabulous thoughts, measured life

Here is one more thing. At this moment it feels like it’s ok for me to live my life authentically, as long as the person that will have to deal with my mistakes is only me. That would imply that I will make mistakes. Maybe I should think of them not so much as mistakes but as explorations. But what if my choices of taking the road less traveled and engaging with my son in new, unproven ways proved to be detrimental to him? I mean, for example when it comes to food, how far can I go in trusting our natural rhythms without affecting his health?

That is a big question of trust and I am glad I am visiting this question at this point in my life. I feel that in order for me to live truly authentically, I have to be extreme in other people’s eyes. I was taught to stay in the middle, to not be extreme in anything. Extreme was dangerous because I might end up not fitting in, or alone.

To live My life, I need to live at the extreme end of my beliefs. If I desire a fabulous life and have extravagant thoughts, I can’t start measuring my thoughts, my words, my feelings. I am extravagant, I am the sun. I am not measured and reasonable.

2 comments:

Louise LeBrun said...

In my years of being a mother to my sons, what mattered most was what felt right for me, with them - no matter what others (teachers, doctors, other parents, my parents (and that's a big one!)) thought. It wasn't always easy - and the key for me was to trust the truth of what moved inside me and engage with my sons. It was a very different kind of dance that we did - and they got to lead!

Today, my sons are each a powerful presence in their own right. Strong of body, mind and Spirit, they stand tall in the glory of who they have become and hold their ground - no matter what moves around them. They know how to say 'yes' when that's what they mean, 'no' when they will not; they know how to ask for what they want; and they know how to love with care, compassion and great strength.

All that, and they did not always eat their vegetables! :)

Trust yourself. Without that, all you've got is what everyone else thinks.

Big hug,
Louise

Louise LeBrun said...

PS If thought structures reality (which it does), it is your Fabulous Thoughts that WILL CREATE your fabulous life!

Breathing is good....

L