Thursday, June 21, 2007

LOVE, JOY, and CONNECTION

This is an exploration. I don't know where it will take me.

A lot happened today. As I was driving to Oceanstone to take part in the Leadership and Emerging Future Workshop, I listen to a song by Ed McCurdy covered by Serenna Ryder called Last night I had the Strangest Dream, and here are the lyrics:

Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream
words and music by Ed McCurdy

Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd ever dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war

I dreamed I saw a mighty room
Filled with women and men
And the paper they were signing said
They'd never fight again

And when the paper was all signed
And a million copies made
They all joined hands and bowed their heads
And grateful pray'rs were prayed

And the people in the streets below
Were dancing 'round and 'round
While swords and guns and uniforms
Were scattered on the ground

Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd never dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.

I started crying when the song came the part where she said:

They all joined hands and bowed their heads
And grateful pray'rs were prayed

I was crying like a mother who had lost her child. Like I was at the funaral of someone I really loved.

I remember I had the same feeling came over me when I cried the day before I left Kauai. It's tremendous longing for what I lost. Having a glimpse of me, remembering how it use to be, that is what makes me weep.

What did I use to be, back when I was five years old? I had no limits for the amount of LOVE and JOY I felt inside and shared with my friends, animals and with nature. I remember being in love with a tree. I remember being one with the forest, dancing under the rain. The smell…

How was the world back in Lemuria? It was fild with LOVE, JOY, and CONNECTION. Those are the things I long for. When I get a glimpse of it, I feel overwhelmed because it is such in small doses in my life compared to the amount that is in me.

I want children to feel the amount of LOVE and JOY that exists in the world, in people, in them selves. I want them to CONNECT with it. That is the environment I want for them to learn in so that there is nothing stopping them for experiencing the greatness that they are.

Learning should be joyful. It should be fun, all the way. For that to be true, there needs to exist no external structure except for the natural rhythm of the child.

At this moment in time, I feel like I want to work with children between the age of 2 and 7.

Working with home schoolers, the parents and the children, would fit really well with my vision of a LifeSpace of JOY, LOVE, and CONNECTION because these parents have already made the choice that they want something different for there children and they could use the inspiration, the invitation to look at education through another lens, one that offer a tremendous amount of space.

Children will benefit from the proximity to nature ( the ocean, the forest) because nature’s rhythm, nature’s way of Being is filed with wisdom and it will allow them to feel there own rhythm, to follow there own pace.

The elements are important to me. They represent a wisdom that I need to tap in. They also provide a sensory experience that is pleasurable and makes me feel connected to something bigger. In nature, surrounded by the elements, I feel safe (most of the time), I feel at home, I feel like everything will be all right.

Children will benefit from the experience of art. The poetic and the esthetic aspect of art. Creation and perception. I believe that through art, my higher self speaks to the world and that I can see other people’s soul through their art.

They will benefit from the exposure to people that are there to see them for the God force that they are and that want to accompany on there experience of LIFE.

Breath…

No comments: