Monday, June 25, 2007

Hard conversation

I was just in a conversation with my husband about how he whish there was more flow in his business. It feels very dense right now for him. I spoke my truth and I found it hard to stay in the conversation. My throat was closing, my stomach was in knots. I relaxed into it and continued to tell him that I thought he should consider allowing his emotions to flow through him in order for him to allow for new thoughts to come about.

He left, saying he was tired and I felt like I had failed. He doesn't want to open the floodgate and I don't blame him. But now I wonder if I should have just listen instead of offering him the space to consider differently how his body works.

As I relax into the tears that come with the feeling of failure, I know something new will emerge on the other side of the breath...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anne,
You are not a failure. Failure only comes when not speaking your own truth. Think of it as information and energy only. You know what feels right and what doesn't. If the outcome isn't particularly what you would have like, you can change it next time.
But know that you are not a failure.
Huge hugs,
Amy

Lori Walton said...

As the sun it must be hard sometimes to feel like you are not illumination everything we touch... and I would suggest that you were a huge invitation for him to consider more, whether he chose to do it in solitude or within the light that you are.

Big Hugs,

Lori

Anne T.-Bérubé, PhD said...

Thank you both for your words. It really helps to know that you know what I am talking about and what I am feeling. This process of shinning all the time is, for the moment, shaking my world like crazy. I just try to relax.